Listings for: "Cristina Gobello"clear filter (x)
Prepubertal administration of GnRH agonists in domestic cats , Cristina Gobello, MV, DVM, DECAR - Project completed
Prevention/delay of onset of puberty in cats given a GnRH analogue in the prepubertal period.
- 32 kittens (16M & 16F) were treated with 1.6 mg deslorelin acetate or a control implant within 24 hrs of birth.
- Puberty onset was significantly delayed in treated (mean 63 wks, range 42-91 wks) versus control (mean 15.5 +/- 1.7 wks) kittens.
- Five (2M, 3F) deslorelin treated kittens were infertile at 3 consecutive mating trials after puberty.
- Partial (not baseline) reduction of fecal sexual hormones in first 5 weeks of life may indicate that deslorelin dose was insufficient for an irreversible effect.
- Gonadal weight and volume were lower in treated than control males immediately after puberty and germinal epithelium and Sertoli cell numbers were diminished.
- Gonadal weight did not differ between treated & control females, but primordial, primary & secondary follicles per mm2 were significantly decreased in treated females.
- Carranza A, Faya M, Fernandez P, Barbeito C, Gobello C. Histologic effect of a postnatal slow-release GnRH agonist on feline gonads. Theriogenology. 2015 May; 83(8): 1368–1372.
- Carranza A, Faya M, Merlo ML, Batista P, Gobello C. Effect of GnRH analogs in postnatal domestic cats. Theriogenology. 2014 Jul 1; 82(1): 138-143.
- Carranza A, Merlo ML, Gobello C, Barbeito C. Histological effect of a GnRH agonist on the postnatal feline testis. Poster presentation. Congreso de la Sociedad Latinoamericana de Reproduccion (SOLARA), Buenos Aires, Argentina. March 25-28, 2015.
- Carranza A, Faya M, Batista P, Fernandez P, Gobello C, Barbeito C. Histological effect of a GnRH agonist on the postnatal feline ovary: A preliminary report. Oral presentation. Il Simposio Latinoamericano de Reproduccion Animal, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile. November 13-14, 2014.
- Carranza A, de la Sota P, Diaz JD, Blanco P, Corrada Y, Gobello C. Effects of prepubertal GnRH agonist administration in domestic cats: Preliminary results. Oral presentation. 1st International Conference on Dog Population Management, York, UK. September 6, 2012.
$91,638 (3 years, start date 2011)
Prepubertal administration of a long term release GnRH agonist in domestic dogs: A Pilot Study , Cristina Gobello, MV, DVM, DECAR - Project in progress
Prepubertal administration of GnRH agonists in domestic dogs.
Project in progress
- Faya M, Marchetti C, Priotto M, Grisolia M, D’Francisco F, Gobello C. Postponement of canine puberty by neonatal administration of a long term release GnRH superagonist. Theriogenology. 2018 September; 118: 190–195.
Project in progress
- Faya M, Priotto M, Marchetti C, Dela Sota P, Gobello C. Neonatal administration of deslorelin acetate in domestic dogs: Preliminary results. Oral presentation. 8th International Symposium on Canine and Feline Reproduction (ISCFR), Paris, France. June 24, 2016.
- Gobello C. Administration of a long term release GnRH superagonist during the canine postnatal critical window. Oral presentation. Alliance for Contraception in Cats & Dogs 6th International Symposium on Non-Surgical Contraceptive Methods of Pet Population Control, Boston, Massachusetts USA. July 24, 2018.
$132,576 (4 years, start date 2014)